Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sew Sanity

Since sewing has become my new favorite hobby, I thought it would be fun to start documenting the projects I've been working on. But rather than boring people with them on the family blog, I've started this little corner of my world!


Gracie Lou's is a fabulous fabric store that's only about 7 minutes away from my house. My friend Lauralee was sewing some of their store samples, but since she is busy with new adventures in pattern designing, she has passed the "job" along to me. They give me the pattern and fabric for the item they want me to make, they display it in the store for awhile, and then it's mine to keep! Not a bad way to keep my sewing addiction alive. Here are a few things I've done so far. I also made a skirt for myself that I forgot to take a picture of, and I'm currently working on a Halloween outfit in Abby's size--I'll post pictures when I finish!


A simple summer dress--I cannot remember the pattern name!
Embellished jeans--pattern from Pink Fig http://vcbdesign.blogspot.com/


1 comment:

  1. What a great way to keep the sewing going...let someone else pay for it! Love all the cute stuff and that you have started posting it on this new site! Love you, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete