Here are a few pillows I made to match the happy chair...along with evidence that it is indeed a happy chair!
Sunday, November 7, 2010
This is one of those projects I've been meaning to get to for months, and I finally got it done last week. I'm SO glad, because all of my necklaces and earrings were tangled in a big mess from the move, and it was taking me forever to find anything.
I found a plain unfinished wood frame at Hobby Lobby, painted it black and added polyeurethane to make it shiny. Then I used my trusty staple gun and stapled down some window screen netting. To prevent earrings from scratching the wall behind, I glued down some fabric in the back--this was actually Jeremy's idea, so he gets the credit. (Yes, that is the same Amy Butler fabric from Abby's kindergarten graduation dress. I still love it and had the perfect size scrap for this.) Then I added some hooks along the bottom and sides for necklaces. Loving my newfound organization!
This is a new nightgown pattern from Lauralee's pattern company (Izzy n Ivy) called the Gabby Sleepover Jammies. This is the nightgown I made as the tester. We love how it turned out, but it was way too big (1st picture) so we added some ribbon ties in the back and now it's just right. So fun to have a twirly nightgown--and half of it is flannel so it's extra warm!