This is one of those projects I've been meaning to get to for months, and I finally got it done last week. I'm SO glad, because all of my necklaces and earrings were tangled in a big mess from the move, and it was taking me forever to find anything.
I found a plain unfinished wood frame at Hobby Lobby, painted it black and added polyeurethane to make it shiny. Then I used my trusty staple gun and stapled down some window screen netting. To prevent earrings from scratching the wall behind, I glued down some fabric in the back--this was actually Jeremy's idea, so he gets the credit. (Yes, that is the same Amy Butler fabric from Abby's kindergarten graduation dress. I still love it and had the perfect size scrap for this.) Then I added some hooks along the bottom and sides for necklaces. Loving my newfound organization!